Hiring Veterans Hiring Veterans is more important now than every before. During World War II most men, of all ages, were involved in the war effort. Today young men and women are coming home to a society in economic chaos. Fewer jobs, and those that had jobs when they left have – Continue reading
CRIP Platoon-in Their Words
- #VeteranOfTheDay Orville Lee PlanckOrville Lee Planck sailed on an aircraft carrier and assisted in a rescue mission during the Korean War. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Orville Lee Planck appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Marine Corps Veteran David PattersonDavid Patterson Sr. served in the Marine Corps during World War II as a Navajo code talker and played a crucial role in the battle of Iwo Jima. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Marine Corps Veteran David Patterson appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Assessing VA’s latest Glassdoor reviewsTo excel as an employer, it’s essential to know what’s working for employees and what isn’t. So let’s take a look at some recent Glassdoor reviews to see where our organization is thriving and where it can improve. The best of VA Among the numerous strengths noted are outstanding benefits and perks. These include the […]
- Veteran’s life sentence turns into a life servingWhen Marine Veteran Elbert White walked out of prison in 2013, it was nothing short of a miracle. White, born in Shreveport, Louisiana, but raised in Los Angeles, was serving a life sentence for selling drugs. In the early 1990s when he was sentenced, he fell under the Habitual Offender Law (three strikes and you […]
- VeteranOfTheDay Marine Corps Veteran Tony FileffTony Fileff served in the Marine Corps during World War II and the Korean War before becoming a chairman of Toys For Tots. The post VeteranOfTheDay Marine Corps Veteran Tony Fileff appeared first on VAntage Point.
- IT at VA: enhancing the Veteran and employee experiencesExceptional customer service is a priority at VA. To our Office of Information and Technology (OIT), that means supporting both Veterans and employees to facilitate continuous improvement in care delivery. See how this dynamic team is making it happen, and consider the possibilities your talents and expertise can create with us. Bringing transparency to the […]
- VA seeks partnerships to build and improve health-care facilitiesToday, VA released a Request for Information seeking interest from potential partners who want to support efforts to build world-class health-care facilities for America’s Veterans. The post VA seeks partnerships to build and improve health-care facilities appeared first on VAntage Point.
- VA Mammogram guidelines: when, where, and what they meanIt is very important to keep up with your mammogram as the American Cancer Society recommends. I have been getting mammograms through the Phoenix VA since 2013. I did not feel or have a lump when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016. The Breast Radiologist found my type of cancer with mammography. I […]
- Mobile medical unit brings much needed care to storm-ravaged Puerto RicoThe Arecibo Community Based Outpatient Clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for prescription refills and renewals, and other minor problems, like colds and small infections. Counseling is also available. The post Mobile medical unit brings much needed care to storm-ravaged Puerto Rico appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Coast Guard Veteran Donald DewarCoast Guard Veteran Donald Dewar served on the USS Joseph T. Dickman and was part of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, France. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Coast Guard Veteran Donald Dewar appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Orville Lee Planck