The Real War Boys This may be a new term for you. For the most part, the Vietnam War (conflict) was waged with 18 and 19 year old young men. Like any teenager, puffed up and not afraid of nothing, full of combat jargon supplied by Army training. The other branches, – Continue reading
CRIP Platoon-in Their Words
- Some Veterans report challenges meeting monthly bills: Are you one of them?Having a better understanding of the financial service needs of service members and Veterans is a first step in improving policies and providing services. The post Some Veterans report challenges meeting monthly bills: Are you one of them? appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Do this now so you can #BeThere4Veterans who need your helpShare the message that a Veteran in crisis or at immediate risk for suicide is one phone call away from caring, qualified responders - call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to speak with them. The post Do this now so you can #BeThere4Veterans who need your help appeared first on VAntage […]
- #VeteranOfTheDay Geneva Fields FordGeneva Fields Ford served during World War II in the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps, where she worked in motor pool dispatch and transferring special orders. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Geneva Fields Ford appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Harold G. EspeyArmy Veteran Harold G. Espey served during World War II. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Harold G. Espey appeared first on VAntage Point.
- VA providing support to Veterans in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in aftermath of Hurricanes Irma and MariaIn Puerto Rico where electricity was knocked out by Hurricane Maria, the San Juan VA Medical Center — currently operating on generator power and staffed by 800 employees — is providing health care for 338 inpatients, with primary care and mental health services available for walk-in patients. The post VA providing support to Veterans in […]
- Veteran and Thor – The perfect pairFor some Veterans it can be difficult to leave the house or to run errands that involve interacting with others. Veteran Justin Jirkovsky and his mental health provider felt that a service dog would help him cope with these symptoms and feel more comfortable and secure around other people. The post Veteran and Thor – […]
- Submit a guest post for the VA Careers blogWe want to hear your stories, tips and ideas that relate to VA – whether you’re a student, current or former employee, or anyone else with something positive to say. That’s why we’re inviting you to submit a guest post for this blog. Here’s what we’ll need from you: Your information • Name • Contact […]
- [Podcast] #49: Forever GI Bill round table w/ TAPS, Got Your 6 & SVAA panel of experts from TAPS, Got Your 6, and SVA tell us all about the development and execution of the Forever GI Bill. The post [Podcast] #49: Forever GI Bill round table w/ TAPS, Got Your 6 & SVA appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Beck H. GeeBeck H. Gee is an Army Air Force Veteran who served from 1942 to 1946. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Beck H. Gee appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Louis JacksonArmy Veteran Louis Jackson served from 1991-2011 as an indirect fire infantryman and transportation management coordinator. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Louis Jackson appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Some Veterans report challenges meeting monthly bills: Are you one of them?