Veterans Day 2014, today we honor the active, retired and fallen soldiers that so gallantly gave so much to our country. We also must recognized their families and friends who supported them financially and emotionally. We don’t put enough emphasis on the daily needs and financial difficulties soldiers and their – Continue reading
CRIP Platoon-in Their Words
- #VeteranOfTheDay William C. TarcypokeadooahArmy Veteran William C. Tarcypokeadooah served from 1918 to 1919 during World War I. The post #VeteranOfTheDay William C. Tarcypokeadooah appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay Marine Veteran Travis McVeyToday’s #VeteranOfTheDay is Marine Veteran Travis McVey. Travis served in the Marine Corps from 1989 to 1992 as a Presidential Honor Guard. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Marine Veteran Travis McVey appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Wreaths Across America event to honor Veterans at VA national CemeteriesThis Saturday, Dec. 16, volunteers will place holiday wreaths to honor and remember America’s Veterans at more than 100 VA national cemeteries as part of the annual Wreaths Across America event. The post Wreaths Across America event to honor Veterans at VA national Cemeteries appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Hyperbaric treatments offer new promise for Veterans with chronic PTSDHyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) — first used in the 1930s to treat decompression sickness in deep sea divers — is now being offered through VA to a small number of Veterans diagnosed with PTSD. It’s the latest effort from VA’s Center for Compassionate Innovation (CCI) to promote promising treatments for chronic health conditions that may […]
- A look at VA’s high-tech health care improvement centerContinuous improvement is a priority at VA. And every day, we’re building on this commitment at our state-of-the-art health care improvement center, which opened earlier this year at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. Here, employees are responsible for tracking the clinical performance of VA hospitals throughout the country, identifying any issues that arise, and making […]
- #VeteranOfTheDay Army Veteran Clarence BeaversClarence, along with 16 other soldiers, was part of 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion, which was the Army’s first all-black paratroop unit. The post #VeteranOfTheDay Army Veteran Clarence Beavers appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Hurricane Maria: VA’s ongoing support for Veterans in Puerto RicoA month and a half after the devastation of Hurricane Maria, the team at VA Caribbean is working even harder to deliver care to those Veterans in need. Every day, outreach teams visit patients unable to travel for treatment, offering transport and delivering supplies and critical medications, such as temperature-sensitive insulin. Meanwhile, remaining VA team […]
- VA launches program to resolve compensation appeals soonerOn Nov. 1, VA launched the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program with the goal of providing eligible Veterans with the earliest possible resolution of their disagreement with VA. The post VA launches program to resolve compensation appeals sooner appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Veterans serving Veterans – The hero’s welcome programBefore the Hero’s Welcome volunteers meet with admitted Veterans at the Tucson VA Medical Center they go to the patient cafeteria and grab a cup of coffee to go over their day’s objectives and remind themselves why they are here. The post Veterans serving Veterans – The hero’s welcome program appeared first on VAntage Point.
- Photograph of great grandfather in uniform inspires teen to film the stories of WWII VeteransThe purpose of this high school student's mission is simple; capture the first-hand accounts of our heroic World War II Veterans, and publish their stories. The post Photograph of great grandfather in uniform inspires teen to film the stories of WWII Veterans appeared first on VAntage Point.
- #VeteranOfTheDay William C. Tarcypokeadooah